Tips to tenants
18 tips we challenge our tenants to implement, to help reduce CO2 emissions:
- Choose low energy lighting and install control units that reduce your own energy consumption.
- Reduce heating in your own shop and thus the need for cooling.
- Offer surplus heat to the center to meet its heating needs.
- Promote green and fair trade products to your customers.
- Get your employees to think about the environment and become curious about the green products in the range you carry.
- Request information about the green properties of your suppliers’ products so the shop has good sales arguments and can better advise environmentally aware customers.
- Work with your suppliers to promote their green products, including arranging in-store activities.
- Stipulate environmental requirements for suppliers of goods and services, focus on your major suppliers.
- Purchase eco-labeled consumables when it comes to photocopying paper, cleaning products, hygiene products, toilet paper, paper towels, etc.
- Purchase eco-labeled office machines.
- Offer customers reusable shopping bags and eco-friendly bags.
- Set short and long-term goals for your business’ environmental work, ie a separation rate of at least 70 %.
- Reduce your volume of internal waste and request less packaging from suppliers.
- Facilitate source separation for your employees and remember to label containers well.
- Encourage producers and your own chain to become members of Green Dot (Grønt Punkt).
- Think reuse vis-à-vis marketing materials (posters, etc.).
- Think reuse and the environment when decorating your shop. Choose furnishing solutions with natural and low-emission materials that can be reused and can easily can be source separated when they disposed.
- Motivate your employees to car pool, use public transport, cycle or walk to and from work.