Steen & Strøm has developed the following corporate responsibility (CR) policy which will form the basis for our actions and priorities at all times:
Steen & Strøm will…
- adapt its business in order to offer safe and secure shopping centres.
- focus on reducing environmental risks, use resources more efficiently, and minimize its environmental impact.
- create vibrant meeting places, contribute to powerful shopping destinations and develop shopping centres with contemporary aesthetic qualities.
- cooperate with local initiatives and organizations.
- work to promote high-quality indoor environments by focusing on indoor climate and universal design.
- work to promote inclusive working environments.
- focus on goal-oriented, long-term corporate responsibility. The work will continually be improved, and the entire organization will participate. Management will lead by example in the environmental field.
- ensure employees receive environmental and corporate responsibility training.
- show openness and enthusiasm, as well as inform and report on the environmental work, both internally and externally.
- facilitate participation by tenants, suppliers and partners so they can help to address shared environmental and corporate responsibilities.
- prefer tenants, suppliers and partners who already focus on environmental and corporate responsibility.
- make a positive contribution to society’s economic development as an employer, taxpayer and purchaser of goods and services.